The Rites of Passage Workshops are designed to teach Debutantes biblical lessons of morality, integrity, responsibility, obedience, grace, mercy and forgiveness. Following the study of God's Word, workshops will be taught by persons with expertise in the following areas:
Planning for College and Careers
Basic Etiquette (The Value of Manners, Ethics and Integrity)
Looking Good from the Inside Out (Self Image/Self Esteem)
Finding Your Voice (Effective Communication/Presentation Skills) Health, Fitness and Nutrition (during sleepover)
Social Networking Etiquette and Security
Money Matters/Financial Literacy
Civic Responsibility (Local Politics/Activism)
Community service is also a major component in the Rites of Passage Program. We aim to promote and cultivate an awareness of, and an appreciation for giving of one’s self in service to others.
The Shiloh Debutante Program will strive to:
- Help teen girls identify career interests and develop personal skills.
- Encourage teen girls to volunteer and make their communities better places to live.
- Promote life-long success through increased personal responsibility, academic excellence, healthy lifestyles, spiritual and moral fortitude and leadership.
The Shiloh Debutante Program will aim to have 100% of Debutantes:
- Graduate from high school,
- Pursue post-secondary education,
- Avoid unplanned pregnancy through abstinence,
- Develop healthy lifestyle behaviors.
The ultimate goal and objective of this Christian-based Program is to elevate and motivate the Debutantes to live God’s purpose and plan for their lives, to walk by the Word and to enjoy the journey!
The Shiloh Debutante Program does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex or gender, disability, or religious denomination in the administration of it Program and/or events.